- Women hearts beat faster than men.
- Three years after a person quits smoking, there chance of having a heart attack is the same as someone who has never smoked before.
- The human heart weighs less than a pound.
- The human heart can create enough pressure that it could squirt blood at a distance of thirty feet.
- The first open heart surgery was performed by Dr. Daniel Hall Williams in 1893.
- Scientists have discovered that the longer the ring finger is in boys the less chance they have of having a heart attack.
- The right lung of a human is larger than the left one. This is because of the space and placement of the heart.
- The human heart beat roughly 35 million times a year.
- Olive oil can help in lowering cholesterol levels and decreasing the risk of heart complications.
- In a lifetime, the heart pumps about one million barrels of blood.
- In 1967, the first successful heart transplant was performed in Cape Town, South Africa.
- People that suffer from gum disease are twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack.
- Most heart attacks occur between the hours of 8 and 9 AM.
- The human heart beast roughly 35 million times a year.
- At one time it was thought that the heart controlled a person's emotions.
- Every day 2,700 people die of heart disease.
- During a typical human life span, the human heart will beat approximately 2.5 billion times.
- In one day your heart beats 100,000 times.
- For humans the normal pulse is 70 heartbeats per minute.
More Human Body Amazing Facts