- Elephants have a slower pulse of 27 and for a canary it is 1000!
- Only one mammal can't jump -- the elephant.
- The trunk of an elephant can hold up to two gallons of water.
- The elephant is the national animal of Thailand.
- In a day, an elephant can drink 80 gallons of water.
- In 1916, an elephant was tried and hung for murder in Erwin, Tennessee.
- Elephants have been known to learn up to 60 commands.
- During World War II, the very first bomb dropped on Berlin by the Allies killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
- An elephant's trunk can hold 2.5 gallons of water.
- An elephant's tooth can weight as much as three kilograms..
- An elephant in the wild can eat anywhere from 100 - 1000 pounds of vegetation in a 16 hour period.
- An elephant can live up to the age of seventy, or in some cases even more.
- Elephants purr like cats do, as a means of communication.
- An African adult elephant eats about six hundred pounds of food a day; thatís four percent of the elephantís body weight!
- The dumbest dog in the world is the Afghan Hounds.
- The dog with the largest ears in the world is a Basset Hound named Mr. Jeffries. The dog's ears are 11.5 inches longs, and are insured for $47,800.
- The Basenji dog is the only dog that is not able to bark.
- Pixie, a Siberian Husky, gave birth to 7 puppies, one of which was bright green.
- Nose prints are used to identify dogs, much like humans use fingerprints.All dogs are the descendant of the wolf. These wolves lived in eastern Asia about 15,000 years ago.
- All dogs are the descendant of the wolf. These wolves lived in eastern Asia about 15,000 years ago.
- About 30% of American admit to talking to their dogs or leaving messages on their answering machines for their dogs while they are away.
- A dog by the name of Laika was launched into space aboard the Russian spacecraft.
- Dogs can't see colors. They're color blind.
- Dogs sweat only through their tongues.
- Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?!
- The fastest dog, the greyhound, can reach speeds of upto 41.7 miles per hour.
More Animals Amazing Facts